Saturday 2 June 2012

My Friend - Syed Mohamed Shafeq Syed Mansor AlHabshi

There is something in this guy, that attract me (please, not that kind 'feeling', ya) and make my thought fond of him. It lingers in my memory all the time. I don't know what it is.  I admit that I am not that close to him, as close as to my buddies - Zainudin Buang, Zulfakar Ismail, Abdul Rahman Taha, Aminuddin Yaacob, Mohd Nasir Abdullah, Abdul Shukor Othman, Salahudin Abdul Rahman, Mohd Nor Hussein, Syed Ismail Syed Omar and many others...  but yet memory of him stays more vividly in my brain.


I could feel, during those days, he is a kind of peculiar and an avid observer.  He would observe you, your character, your way of doing things, your speech and whatnot, from his secluded spot.


Most probably, after that, he would sum up his observation of you as... I don't know.  I have a strong urge to talk to him. 


I believe he simply loves to do that and now it has become his hobby, liking and most of all, his career... 


He is now an expert in NLP - Neuro Linguistic Programme, 
Counselling and Psychotherapy


Standard 5, STAR JB, 1968
Taken without permission from Sallahudin Abdul Rahman FB Album

Form 1H SAB JB 1970

Form 2A SAB JB 1971



Taken from somewhere in the net, 
of course, without his permission

4 comments:

  1. Thank You for this brother. Tak tahan gelak dia taruk Mike dalam Kocek haha! I guess he never change in lots of ways. I remembered the times when Shafeq and me shared times together in Temenggong Ahmad. Iv got his HP no, however he is real busy guy till now. I am/was in the class photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe Ismyl: He drove all the way to Seremban to attend my son's wedding wishing he could meet all of us together. He missed certain junctions and was a bit late.

      Thanks a lot for coming Joe.

      Delete
  2. Yes Man, Shafeq is unique. I was with him sejak primary school lagi di STAR JB, together with Ahmad Ehsan & Shukor Othman. Always enjoy his company very much. He loves to crack jokes all the time and there will be laughter all around whenever he is around. He has successfully worked himself up the ladder to become a PM at UTM, hats off to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EighthNote: You should know him a lot more than me... I only know him since 1970.

      Yes, it takes lots of determination and hard works to be where he is now, considering he's quite a softie at that time (and on the contrary, apart from the achievement, I heard he has many girlfriends too now...) Wow!

      Now what do you call that? Another set of fantastic determination or he's a simply real macho girls-would-throw-themselves-to-his-feet kind of guy...

      Gotta see him real soon for teh tarik ...

      Delete